Sunday, February 27, 2011

One year removed

I have been away from the limo business for about a year now. My (at the time) fiance had made her feelings and her plans to move to Tennessee known about 18 months ago. Having full intentions on marriage to her I was obviously coming to TN as well. I can honestly say that i do NOT miss the limo business. Between the odd hours and shaky at best pay it was just a bit stressful. Please do not get me wrong, I loved it while I was doing it. I got to drive great cars and famous and interesting people.

I realize now that there are idiots associated with every job out there. Now I am a debt collector for the Department of Education. I get hung up on, cussed at, screamed at, called names, laughed at, and generally abused verbally by people who are not smart enough to pay their bills. The funny part about this whole verbally violent scenario is that I am calling from the hardship department. It is my job to get your loans taken care of for 5 dollars or so. Allow me to repeat that. I MAKE IT GO AWAY FOR AT LEAST A YEAR FOR 5 DOLLARS. All they have to do is talk to me and fill out some papers. Instead, they scream, cuss, name call, hang up, stay in debt and then call bitching when we take their precious tax returns.

And I thought morons on the road were bad.

2 comments: