Thursday, September 3, 2009

The white truck

I would like to let the readers know a little something. I am going to let the cat out of the bag. I do not own, make payments, pay the insurance, or maintain the car I drive. I simply drive it. It is also painfully obvious to any other driver on the road that it is a limo and that I am a limo driver. A 2006 Lincoln Town Car with super dark tinted windows and custom tags should say it all.

Due to the tint on the windows, it is nearly impossible to determine my status. Am I with a passenger? Am I even aware of your existence? Let me assure you, I do know you are there. Right there, six inches from my rear bumper going 75 down the highway in the fast lane. Please be aware that I am not afraid to stomp my left foot on the brake pedal and allow you to slam into the back of the car. As I said before, I do not own the car.

I can not count the number of times per day it happens. I get cut off. I get tailgated. I get swerved at. I get flipped off. All by people who are in too big of a hurry to begin with. And the worst offender of all? The white pickup truck. The truck its self makes the driver feel invincible. I understand that fact of life. Then to add to the insanity, white is the cheapest color to make. Therefore, what you get is a cheap, invincible, idiot who thinks his truck entitles him to the entire road all at once.

If you ever find yourself driving in Texas and see an accident involving a Town Car and a white truck, And the suited driver is laughing, stop and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment