At least twice a week it happens. I am standing.... Let me start at the beginning. When a client makes a reservation, they receive a copy of the manifest. It tells them everything they need to know. Where to go when the plane lands, the chauffeur's name, the final destination, and everything else. Meeting at the baggage claim for your flight is the standard. A curbside meeting is optional and must be requested.
That being said. At least twice a week it happens. I am standing at the required baggage claim. The pilot has advised the passengers of said baggage claim. They all know where to go unless they are deaf or stupid. Not to mention, The manifest tells them I will be there. I wait, holding my sign. Ten, fifteen, twenty minutes pass. My phone rings. "Where are you?" Asks dispatch. "I am standing at the baggage claim." "Your passenger is standing curbside 10 gates away!" Fuck!
It seems that no matter how many times you tell, show, retell and reiterate, a few idiots will always walk out the first door they see and then get pissed at their chauffeur when he is not standing right there waiting. PEOPLE, YOU ARE TOLD THREE OR FOUR TIMES WHERE TO GO! The reservation tells you. Your pilot tells you. The video screen tells you, and if you had a travel planner, then they told you. Do not dare to get angry with your chauffeur for not being able to read the mind of a fool. That one is on you.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment