Monday, August 17, 2009

Is it really necessary?

I am constantly at the airport picking up strangers. It is the biggest part of the job. Unless you are a repeat client or a celebrity, I do not know you from Adam. It is nothing personal. I just do not know what every person in the world looks like. This brings me to the point of this blog.

As a professional chauffeur, I have the need to carry name signs. They typically bear the name of my passenger or their company. My sign, of course, is so they know who their ride is. Needless to say, the sign is essential to success.

I know that you all think I have a glamorous job. At least I think you do. The first question I get when my occupation is divulged is usually " Have you driven any famous people?" Yes I have, and no I will NOT tell you who. All that being said. You are not being slick when you walk in front of me, and from the corner of your eye, take a quick glance at the name on the sign. I do see you and you are not very sly. You fail at spying. Is it really necessary to see what famous person I am driving on any given day. I have gone so far as to put "no one you know" on a name sign and laugh at anyone that reads it. Your curiosity is predictable and sad all at the same time. STOP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment